All new for 2018, the Platatac Badger Smock is inspired by one of the most famous of military garments, the British SAS Windproof Smock.
With input from current UK, Australian, NZ and US Special Forces Operators and some of the old-school thrown in, we have made a smock that is not only functional but is comfortable to wear in the harshest conditions and because its packed with loads of pockets and features it will have you looking ally as all get out.
Depending on your mission requirements the Badger smock can be used for additional load carriage when worn as a standalone uniform top or as an outer layer in a cold weather system.
The Badger smock is so good, that Andy McNab would have got away if he was wearing one.
- Cut from the finest Multicam Agility cloth which provides a small amount of 2 way stretch, a wind and water repellent barrier for open vehicles or waiting on an LP in the harshest conditions.
- Double layered fabric throughout the body and hood.
- Loose adjustable fit for comfort over additional layers or armour carriers.
- Velcro and elastic adjustable cuffs
- Adjustable oversized hood to fit over a helmet with most in service NVGs attached.
- Stiffener in peak of hood to keep it out of the way
- Stowable hood via roll up flap inside collar
- Main pockets are bellows design with covered large slotted buttons and which are easy to manipulate with cold or gloved hands.
- Centre line compass pocket
- All pockets have para cord lanyard points to secure items
- 500d cordura reinforced elbows that can accept soft elbow pads internally i.e. d30 soft foam elbow pads (http://www.platatac.com/d3or-tactical-soft-foam-elbow-pad-single.html)
- Concealed waist and hem drawstring to adjust fit
- Double zippered front closure with Velcro wind flap
- Biased platypus tail back to cover your bum when sitting or standing in the elements.
- Underarm ventilation zips lined with mesh
- Velcro fields on bicep pockets for call signs, unit patches, morale patches or flags
- 2 x Medium chest pockets with button closure
- 2 x Large lower pockets with button closure
- 2 x Small Hip/side pockets with button closure
- 2 x Outwards facing hand warmer pockets with zipper closure
- 2 x Centre facing double-entry pockets with zipper closure
- 2 x Outer facing double-entry pockets with zipper closure
- 2 x Internal breast pockets with zipper closure
- 4 x Internal flat poachers pockets with button closure
- 2 x bicep pockets with flap access and zip pass through
Accessories (Sold Separately):
Model in picture is 6'1" tall wearing a Medium
|Back Length (cm)
Offering a diverse range of specialist products and equipment, Platypus Outdoors Group is as unique as the animal we derive our name from. From humble beginnings with an ambitious vision, we have grown from a simple outdoors and militaria store to an international distributor of over 40 worldwide brand names with a combined product list in the thousands. We offer a great range of products and capabilities in support of the soldiers and law enforcement personnel that stand on the battlements looking over us whilst we are safe in our homes. Thanks to you guys; we simply would not exist without your support.