The Platatac Lightweight Field pack was spurred on from an Australian Defence Force requirement, Based around our most popular MSM design we have added some great features to adapt this pack for day to day use around base, on leave or as a medium patrol pack suited to a wide variety of tasks whether that be on course in Australia or on Operations abroad.
A plastic pack board with a single alloy stay that can be removed and moulded for your individual back concave to provide maximum support and will provide great stability when the pack is fully loaded
Given that this pack has to cover a few bases we have included a large external admin pocket, this pocket attaches via MOLLE and can be removed if need be. It contains numerous admin pockets to store notebooks, viewee twooees and other admin items. The pocket can be rapidly configured to store a combat helmet or bulky cold weather gear.
We have included a wide padded hip belt that is stowable if not needed in sleeves at the sides of the pack.
Because we know what this pack is going to be put through we have not compromised on the materials used. We have used the strongest materials including 1000 Denier abrasion and water resistant nylon Cordura, ITW USA buckles and fittings and YKK heavy duty zippers to make sure this pack does not fail you and gets you where you need to go.
CBK only - 8415-66-160-5868
Optional Extras (Sold Separately)
- Weighs 2.76kgs approx
- 31 litre volume (internal)
- Internal dimensions 350mm wide x 522mm high x 170mm deep
- The main compartment has a heavy duty YKK 10 gauge zipper that runs completely around the top of the bag and down the entire length of each side to make getting at gear easier
- Internal PALS on the inside front flap to add pouches for additional organisation
- PALS on front, sides and bottom of pack to attach more pouches to help in the storage of MEI
- 125mm x 100mm Velcro panel for ANF, nametape, IR IFF etc.
- Front zippered pocket for maps or notebooks accessible both internally and externally
- Two internal long pockets on side walls of pack for giving sets or 3 litre Hydration kit and other mission essential items 370mm x 160mm
- One zippered floor pocket
- Removable internal plastic pack board with alloy stay can be moulded to your back
- Heavy duty carry handle on top of pack reinforced to allow pack to be hung on the outside of vehicles
- 2 x Radio antennae or cable routing holes in top of pack
- 3 x Drainage holes in bottom of pack
- 4 x External cinch straps with ITW USA Web Dominators included to keep web tape tidy and out of the way without using electrical tape.
- 8 x Attachment points internally
- Antenna and hydration ports covered with a web tape flap to stop the ingress of dirt, dust and water.
- YKK zippers with Paracord Zip Pulls for use with gloves
- Milspec ITW USA Nexus Hardware
- Manufactured from water and abrasion resistant 500 Denier nylon
Offering a diverse range of specialist products and equipment, Platypus Outdoors Group is as unique as the animal we derive our name from. From humble beginnings with an ambitious vision, we have grown from a simple outdoors and militaria store to an international distributor of over 40 worldwide brand names with a combined product list in the thousands. We offer a great range of products and capabilities in support of the soldiers and law enforcement personnel that stand on the battlements looking over us whilst we are safe in our homes. Thanks to you guys; we simply would not exist without your support.